- This event has passed.
Silver Clay Ring Making workshop
February 9at10:00 am to 5:00 pm£140.00
Welcome to my Silver Clay Ring Making Workshop
This Silver Clay ring making class is a natural progression from the Beginner’s workshop. And who doesn’t want to make their own ring and have it fit first time? That’s exactly what will happen in this class; we talk about the properties of Silver Clay and how it affects ring making, we talk about different styles of rings. And I show you my tried and tested method for making a band ring, the foundation to make any type ring you want! You can expect to make 2 rings in this workshop and walk away wearing them both!
This is a relaxed class and it is expected that you have some experience of Silver Clay. If you are new to Silver Clay, why not try my Silver Clay Beginner’s Workshop?
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to size your ring to allow for the Silver Clay shrinkage
- Discuss the different types of Silver Clay available and why that matters when making rings
- Creating a band ring with an invisible seam
- Setting a fire safe gemstone and fixing it to your ring shank for extra sparkle
- The best firing method for rings
- Achieving a professional finish to your work.
The course fee includes Silver Clay and fireable gemstones (worth over £50), full set of written notes, use of tools and firing equipment and access to my online Student Support videos, documents and membership to my exclusive Student Facebook group.